One of the frustrations that customers encounter is failing to get a decent interaction with a customer support representative. Although your in-house team, or a partner outbound and inbound call center companies cannot please everyone, still, statistics say a lot about a customer’s distrust in customer support.
Did you know that 50% of customers believe that their feedback is not being acted upon by the right person? Up to now, many customers switch brands because they feel unappreciated. What companies lack in this area are good practices of customer interaction.
Successful interaction, however, does not only involve resolving your customer’s concerns or issues. For example, Hubspot includes asking for feedback (among others) on its list of customer service practices for a successful interaction.
To provide your customers with complete assistance, conduct further inquiries about the customer’s concern. In short, ask for feedback. We will give ideas on how to get substantial customer feedback to improve your customer support.
“Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team.”– Lisa Masiello
Kinds of Feedback Questions to Help Customer Support
The key to obtaining useful feedback from customers is to ask them the right questions. You have to remember that it is your responsibility to initiate interaction with your customers. Below are the question categories that your in-house customer support team or call center service provider can use in your feedback survey.
If you have an idea about buyer personas, then you know how demographics gives you an overview of your market. It can help you segment your customers based on their profile or characteristics, allowing you to target your audience. You can analyze these data, then get the insights necessary for you to adjust to your customer’s needs.
- What is your age?
- What gender do you identify as?
- What is the current status of your employment?
- Where is your location?
Customer Experience and Satisfaction Category
This category will answer questions about the quality of your products or services. This will say a lot about how valuable your offerings are to your customers. In this category, not only it will let you receive feedback focused on your products or services, but it can also include your customer’s journey. Good customer experience and satisfaction are important to your business because they can strengthen your customer retention and loyalty.
- What else can we do to improve your experience with us?
- What do you like the most/least about our product/service?
- Were we able to meet your expectations on our product/service?
- Are you satisfied with our product/service?
- Would you recommend our product/service to your family/friends?
Customer Support Category
Questions under this category point out specific details about your customer support representative’s quality of service. Including these questions will help you determine how effective and competent your representatives are in assisting customer concerns. In the long run, results from these questions will help in the improvement of your customer service.
- Did our representative interact with you in a good manner?
- Was our representative knowledgeable about our service?
- Was our representative attentive to your concern?
- How would you rate the quality of our service?
- Are you satisfied with the amount of time it took to resolve your concern?
Open-ended Questions Category
What is an open-ended question? It asks customers to compose answers in their own words. They will not encounter multiple choices, scales, and others with this one. In short, they will have the freedom to say what they want. The benefit of an open-ended question is that it will provide specific and detailed responses directly from your customers. It can also involve responses that you have not thought of from a structured survey.
- Do you have additional feedback or comments?
- Do you have any other questions for us?
- Do you have any recommendations on how we can improve our product/service?
- What do you like most about our product/service? Why?
- How else can we improve our product/service?
Aside from conducting research about your industry and competitors, you may get insights straight from your customers. You will know where you stand among similar brands, and how are you compared to them. Also, this type of feedback can make you aware of what needs improvement in your brand marketing efforts.
- Why did you choose our product/service over other brands?
- How did you find out about us?
- How would you rate us among our competitors?
- What were the words you used to search for us online?
- What made you discover us?
Leveraging Customer Feedback
Customer feedback matters because it is valuable information to measure customer satisfaction. Once you get feedback, you can modify your services in a way that would complement your customer’s needs and preferences.
- It shows that you value your customers’ opinions. 77% of customers favor brands that ask for and accept customer feedback. Giving value to their opinions would make your customers feel important and involved in transforming your business.
- It helps you improve the quality of your service. Getting their point of view will give you an idea of where you stand in terms of your customer service quality. You will become aware of the good and bad; so, you can adjust your services for a great customer experience.
- It helps you achieve brand loyalty. According to Microsoft, 96% of customers say that customer service plays a role in their choice of and loyalty to a brand. Especially now that customers expect superior customer service, their perception of how you treat customers will impact their trust in your brand.
- It lets you understand your customers. Through their opinions, you will know how you made your customers feel, or how satisfied they are with your service. You will have a picture in your mind about their journey and experiences while interacting with your brand.
Understanding your customers is crucial for your business to sustain growth and stability. Getting to know their frustrations about your products or services is vital to keep their support. Thus, you will need a team of trained communicators to interact with your customers.
One CoreDev IT (CORE) is one of the call center service providers in the Philippines offering employer of record solutions and inbound call center services to assist companies like yours. Our inbound customer specialists can engage with your customers about their inquiries, requests, and feedback. Rest assured that our team will exercise a warm quality service that Filipinos are known for.